Wednesday, September 11, 2013

31DC2013 Day 9 - Rainbow Nails

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I know, I know, I'm 3 days behind on the challenge but today I'm playing catch up. My baby is cutting her 9th tooth and things have been really hectic and days/nights have been looooong while she goes through her growing pains. Before I get into my manicure, I just wanted to thank you all for sticking with me and know that even though I haven't responded to all of your comments, I do read them everyday and sincerely appreciate how kind you all are to me ♥.


I decided to go with a dotticure for my Rainbow Nails today. I really love this look on everybody else I've seen it on and don't use my dotting tools enough so this was the perfect chance to bring them out again. 


The above picture should be rotated once to the left, not sure why it uploaded sideways. Anywho, my mani began with a base of Essie Feed Me followed by 1 coat of Cult Nails Tempest. Next I applied 1 coat of a scattered holographic glitter polish by Orly called Prisma Gloss Silver.


The colors I used for the dots are as follows:
Index: Bettina Flame & Sherbet 
Middle: Zoya Pippa & Essie Shake Your $$ Maker
Ring: Bettina Vintage & Essie Bouncer It's Me
Pinky: Bettina Haze & Purple
Thumb: all of the polishes mentioned above
This manicure was complete with a coat of HKGirl topcoat. I wish my camera would've picked up the holo gorgeousness because it really added so much to my nails. What do you guys think of this one? As always, I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I love how it isn't IN YOUR FACE rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby saw this was like "oooh" literally so it must be good right?! Ctfu but i love it like stephanie said its not in your face but its still a rainbow! Im def going to have to try this SOOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, how do you do the dots? I'm looking for a post on it and I don't see it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I used a dotting tool set from BornPrettyStore for the dots =)

    ReplyDelete