Wednesday, September 11, 2013

31DC2013 Day 11 - Polka Dots

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Today is Day 11 of The 31 Day Challenge. One of my favorite patterns is Polka dots, I never get tired of them. Today is also the 12 year anniversary of the tragic events that changed America as we knew it. I wanted to pay my respects and honor those who were lost, those brave firemen and police officers who fought so hard to save many lives, and those who still (& forever will) hurt due to their loss of a family member or friend. 


My red, white, and blue polka dotted manicure began with a base of Essie Feed Me followed by 2 coats of Zoya America (fitting name, huh?). I use this polish for our patriotic holidays for the name alone but the formula is honestly what keeps me coming back to it. America is so creamy and doesn't flood my cuticles like other red polishes. 


Next I applied one coat of Cult Nails Tempest on my accent nail and applied one coat of HKGIRL topcoat. While the topcoat was still wet, I placed a blue 3D polka dot bow from BornPrettyStore on my accent nail. I then used my Konad Special Stamping Polish in White and the polka dot image on RuiZ03 stamping plate (also from BornPrettyStore) for the dots. My manicure was complete with a coat of HKGIRL topcoat. 


As I was doing this manicure, I thought of where I was when I first heard the news of this tragedy. I remembered my exact thoughts at the time, I was so scared that all I could think of was getting out of my schools library and finding comfort in my home. I remembered how proud I was of everybody coming together the days after this happened. And today I wish that sense of unity still existed. Don't get me wrong, in a sense, we have come a long way but we still have a ways to go. I hope I see the day when we get there. As always, I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo! 

~Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Hii miss nailamerica!! Cute yet very fitting mani for 9/11. I too hope that one day soon that we as a nation do become more united. Great post Jess <3

    ReplyDelete