Tuesday, November 29, 2011

10 Day Challenge: Day 8

Hello Lacquer Luvers & welcome to Day 8 of the 10 Day Challenge! The theme for today's manicure is Favorite Movie or Inspired by a Movie. This manicure was inspired by my son and one of his favorite movies, Madagascar 2! Tyus loves the animals in this movie, & he especially likes the "I like to move it, move it!" song. We all have a great time watching this together =)



There were quite a few polishes used for this mani but as usual, I began with a base of OPI Nail Envy. I wanted to do a nail for each of the main characters in the movie: Alex (the lion), Marty (the zebra), Melman (the giraffe), & Gloria (the hippo). For Alex, I used one coat of OPI Rising star and sponged on E.L.F. Chocolate at the tip of my nail using an eyeshadow applicator. For Alex's pawprints, I used Chocolate again and image plate m35 from BornPrettyStore. Marty was done using 3 coats of Snow White by Zoya & konad special stamping polish in black. I used a design from BundleMonster's BM223 image plate for the zebra stripes. Melman began with 2 coats of China Glaze II & the giraffe print was stamped on using Chocolate by E.L.F. along with a design from BundleMonster's BM215 image plate. Gloria was freehanded and began with 2 coats of Grey Area by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear. I used my dotting tool as well as E.L.F. Champagne, Zoya Snow White, & WetNWild Ebony Hates Chris for the eyes & used my striper brush for her eyelashes and eyebrows. Once everything dried, I topped this mani with fast dry top coat by Seche Vite.



I love how my Madagascar 2 inspired mani turned out so much! It was really fun to do and I hope you all like it just as much. What is your favorite movie? Let's all go see what Ms. Kelly from Posh For Polish was inspired by for this challenge! I'm sure she did something amazing! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you, xo!

~Jessica

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Seriously amazing! I especially like the hippo(: Madagascar2 is one of my favorite movies as well ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This manicure is so pretty and original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my lord this is just awesome. Has to be the best mani I have seen in a LONG time! Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyus has provided you with great inspiration. This is just ..... I'm speechless....I must agree with everyones comments above. LuvMyLacquerMom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww, this is so creative! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are adorable! i love the giraffe nail print especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! I was so intimidated when it came time to freehand Gloria but I was very pleased with the outcome of this mani. I'm so happy you all loved it so much, xo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope I'm not too late to join the bandwagon and declare this an amazing manicure! Hippo well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, u have amazing designs! i don't know how i haven't stumbled upon your blog sooner! this is soooo cute! beautifully done!!! : )

    ReplyDelete